Effective: February 3, 2018
When we talk about “Topi,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Topi Inc., the company which provides the Services. When we talk about the “Services” in this policy, we are referring to our event networking tools and platform. Our Services are currently available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your mobile device.
Information we collect and receive
1. Customer data
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that created the event (the “Customer”). Where Topi collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
If you join an event and create a user account, you are a “user” as further described in the User Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
2. Other information
Topi may also collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Users may provide information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Event setup information. When a Customer creates an event using the Services, we may collect an email address, an event name, event logo, and password. We may also collect administrative team contact info, such as a mailing address.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our third party payment processor (Stripe) may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf.
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. We do not intentionally record or use this data.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Topi. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third party services.
How we use your information
We use your information to provide and improve the Services.
1. Customer data
Topi may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
2. Other information
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Topi. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
1. Customer Data
Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or remove access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, or manage permissions. These choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data.
2. Other information
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at email@example.com.
3. Other Choices
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Topi does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
Sharing and Disclosure
Topi may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Topi's assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may use aggregated or de-identified information for business or research purposes.
Topi takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If you learn that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) commitment
Topi has self-certified to the General Data Protection Regulation set forth by the European Union with respect to collection, use and retention of Customer Data.
We’ll also continue to monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies, and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes.